Starting A Garden With A Toddler
Did you know that April is Earth Month!? Welp, it is! We’ve partnered with Stonyfield® Organic Kids® to bring you a sponsored post all about our Earth Month activity!
I wanted to do something special with Emily and Brody to celebrate and try to begin teaching them small ways we can help our planet and decided to plant a little starter garden with them. I'm hoping my non-green thumbed self can keep these little babies alive and help them grow so the kiddos can see the "fruit of their labor" and be excited to do this type of thing each year!
For our starter garden I picked up the cutest little child gardening kit, some potting soil, and seeds that Emily chose. Of course to plant your seeds you'll need a place to put them, duh! I decided instead of using purchased pots or plastic cups to repurpose our used yogurt cups from Stonyfield® Organic Kids®! Did you know their yogurt cups are plant based?! Mind. Blown.
When I pulled out the yogurt cups to use, at first Emily was a little confused and kept asking why we were putting our garden in our yogurt, haha. It was so nice to be able to tell her from the very beginning of our time planting that we were using these cups to help save our planet a little bit. Such a simple way to incorporate the whole purpose of starting our little garden!
- Did you know? Stonyfield® Organic Kids® yogurt multipacks are made from plants!? Cups made from plants have a lower carbon footprint and are better for the environment than petroleum based cups. We decided to incorporate these plant-based cups in our Earth Month activity!
Needless to say, both kiddos loved creating their starter garden and Emily is very excited to check out her plant babies every morning and see if they've sprouted. When Daddy come home from work she even ran up to him and literally pulled him over to show him what we did and how proud she was. It doesn't get much better than that and I'm looking forward to seeing her face as they begin to grow!
Why we love Stonyfield® Organic Kids® yogurt:
- They've been trusted for 35 years
- Their farms have over 200,000 organic acres!
- You can find recipes on their website here
- There’s even more of a reason for parents and kids to love Stonyfield® Organic yogurt. They recently completed a sugar reduction across its Stonyfield® Organic Kids® portfolio, featuring between 25% - 40% less sugar than the leading kids’ yogurt
- Their pouches are especially perfect for on the go, their shape and ability to be frozen and to thaw before lunch makes them the ultimate lunchtime treat.
This post is sponsored by Stonyfield Organic Kids, however all opinions are my own.